Lois and Richard Rosenthal Institute for Justice
Ohio Innocence Project
|Give to OIP at Cinti. Law||Donate|
OIP INAUGURAL BREAKFAST a success thanks to Law Firm/Corporate friends, sponsors, and supporters! Info and Photo Gallery Here >>
The Rosenthal Institute for Justice was established at the UC College of Law thanks to the generosity of Lois and Richard Rosenthal. The primary component of the UC law school's Rosenthal Institute for Justice is the Ohio Innocence Project, which was founded in 2003. Harnessing the energy and intellect of law students as its driving force, the OIP seeks to identify inmates in Ohio prisons who are actually innocent of the crimes they were convicted of committing. Innocence is often determined by DNA testing, but can include other types of new evidence such as new witnesses, new expert testimony, or evidence of police misconduct. Once an inmate's innocence has been established through investigation, the OIP sends the case back to court and litigates in the hope of obtaining the inmate's freedom. Innocence Projects across the country have freed more than 250 wrongfully convicted inmates to date. The Ohio Innocence Project to date has helped 23 individuals obtain their long-sought freedom. Learn more about our significant cases. To contact the OIP, email them at email@example.com.
Inmate Screening Application
An inmate requesting the assistance of the OIP should complete the Screening Application (pdf). The inmate must FULLY COMPLETE the form and submit it to the address on the form, otherwise it will be returned and no further action will be taken until returned complete. Print out a hard copy of the application, fill out in ink, and return it by mail if you would like the OIP to review your case.
- OIP receives Spirit of America Award
- Ohio Innocence Project Attorneys and Exonerees to be Honored at Award Ceremony by Death Penalty Advocacy Group
- OIP Exonerates Three; Longest-Serving Person to be Exonerated Freed
- Private Donations Enable OIP to Free Longest-Serving Exoneree
- Join the OIP in Celebrating the Launch of OIP-u and Wrongful Conviction Day
- July 20, 2016 - Panel on Social Justice in Conjunction with 30 Americans Exhibit
- August 11, 2016 - Bacchanalian Society Wine Tasting
- October 2, 2016 - Bearcat Dash and Bash Walk/Run