You've Been Served: A Day of Community Commitment
Date: Saturday, September 11, 2010
Time: 9:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- 8:30 - 9:30 a.m.: Registration and Breakfast
- 9:30 a.m. - 9:45a.m.: Official Program
- 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.: Volunteer
Location: UC College of Law on UC campus & various work sites across Cincinnati
- About "You've Been Served"
- Choose a Site
- Sign Up to Volunteer
- Join the Party
- Contact Us
On Saturday, September 11, students, faculty, staff, administrators and others from the University of City College of Law will join together for an unprecedented service project. We’ll even be joined by the Mayor of Cincinnati, Mark Mallory!
Called “You’ve been Served,” participants will do service at various sites throughout the Cincinnati area, including working at homeless shelters, volunteering with seniors and students, and partnering with organizations like Habitat for Humanity and Keep Cincinnati Beautiful.
Volunteers will sign up to participate in the Day of Service and will select which site they want to work at. Then, after the service is over, everyone will come back together for a party celebration at ALMS Park!
All participants will receive a free lunch, a free t-shirt and can join in the party festivities!
So join us on September 10 for a day of service and help show that UC Law is committed to our community! To register for the Day of Service Click Here.
Please note that many sites have a limit on the number of volunteers they can accept. We will do our best to ensure you receive your first choice.
- 1. CUF Service Project: Join the local communities of Clifton, University Heights and Fairview for clean-up and planting projects at the homes of seniors who need assistance caring for their homes.
- 2. Habitat for Humanity: Volunteer in the Home Store, move supplies, and help with building projects.
- 3. Keep Cincinnati Beautiful: Participate in beautification projects around the city, working outdoors and in various parks and city locales.
- 4. Inner City Youth: Painting the offices of an inner city youth counseling center.
- 5. Our Daily Bread: Removing a mural and cleaning interior walls.
- 6. Cincinnati Parks and Recreation: Working outdoors at various sites planting trees, flowers, etc.
- 7. ReSource: Stocking supplies at stores and dealing with moving and lumber equipments. (Requires ability to do heavy lifting.)
- 8. Talbert House: Working with the Marlow Center for mentally ill adults.
- 9. Lighthouse Youth Services: Taking 20-25 foster kids in high school to the UC football game. SITE FILLED
- 10. UC Athletics: Taking 10-15 inner city middle school children to the UC football game. SITE FILLED
- 11. YMCA Cincinnati: Planning tutoring program and assisting with the mentoring program.
- 12. Brighton Senior Center: Playing Bingo, doing arts and crafts and participating in other activities with seniors.
- 13. Over-the-Rhine Community Housing: Completing a variety a tasks including, yard work; litter control & pick-up; sweeping and mopping halls; and minor construction and demolition work.
- 14. Underground Railroad Museum: Volunteering by staffing new exhibit and working with tour groups visiting the museum. SITE FILLED
- 15. Literacy Center West: Landscaping, planting, weeding, and lawn-mowing.
- 16. Homework Central: Tutoring students, assisting with homework SITE FILLED
- 17. Gorman Heritage Farm: Planting in a working garden, helping with kids going on the hay ride, working with animals including sheep and cows.
- 18. Theodore Roosevelt Community Public School: Helping set up classrooms and tutoring children
- 19. Sober Living Ohio: Working with men at a newly sober halfway house by conducting mailings and spending time with the residents of the house.
If you are interested in volunterring please use this form.
After a day of service, join back together for food and fun at a party to celebrate the day!
Festivities will run from 4 – 8 pm at:
710 Tusculum Avenue
Cincinnati, Ohio 45226
Free food and drinks for all who participated in the service!
UC Law’s “You’ve been Served” is a project of the Student Bar Association’s Service Committee. For general questions, please feel free to contact its Chair, Megan Collard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about Volunteering
Allison Kendall – email@example.com
Marli Schippers – firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about the Sites
Sarah Topy – email@example.com
Questions about the party
Lindsey Wilkes – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jesse Draud – email@example.com
We’d also like to thank the following student organizations who have agreed to partner with us on this project: