Law School Celebrates the 75th Anniversary of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
Date: August 27, 2013
Time: 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Location: Patricia Corbett Theater (CCM)
CLE: 2 hrs CLE
Missed the event or want to relive it? Watch the webcast: Civil Procedure
RSVP: Contact Mindy Lawson at firstname.lastname@example.org
The College of Law’s fall event schedule kicks off with the “75th Anniversary of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure,” a panel discussion to be held on August 27, 2013 at 3:00 p.m. A star-studded panel of federal judges, academics, politicians, lawyers, and business people will come together to discuss the impact of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and the importance of this anniversary. Arthur R. Miller, University Professor at New York University, the nation’s leading scholar in the field of American civil procedure and coauthor with the late Charles Wright of Federal Practice and Procedure, will moderate this event.
- Thomas Y. Allman, Senior V.P., General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer, BASF Corporation (retired)
- Hon. Michael R. Barrett, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- Hon. Susan J. Dlott, Chief Judge, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- Al Gerhardstein, Partner, Gerhardstein and Branch Co., LPA
- Hon. Nancy Gertner (ret.), Professor of Practice, Harvard Law School
- Hon. Maureen O'Connor, Chief Justice, Supreme Court of Ohio
- Hon. Solomon Oliver, Jr., Chief Judge, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- Andrew J. Pincus, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP, Washington, D.C.
- Victor E. Schwartz, Partner, Shook Hardy & Bacon, LLP, Washington, D.C.
- Senator Bill Seitz, 8th District, Ohio Senate
- David A. Singleton, Executive Director, Ohio Justice and Policy Center
- Michael E. Solimine, Donald P. Klekamp Professor of Law, University of Cincinnati Collge of Law
- Hon. Jeffrey S. Sutton, U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- Carolyn A. Taggart, Partner, Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Suja A. Thomas, Professor, University of Illinois College of Law
- John Vail, Vice President and Senior Litigation Counsel, Center for Constitutional Litigation, Washington, DC
A reception will follow.
Sponsor: College of Law
Co-Sponsors: John W. Peck Cincinnati-Northern Kentucky Chapter of the Federal Bar Association
Federal Bar Association, Dayton Chapter