The 27th Annual Corporate Law Center Symposium
Crowdfunding Regulations and Their Implications
Date: March 28, 2014
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Place: Room 114, College of Law
CLE: 5.5 general CLE credit in pending approval for OH and KY
Webcast: 2014 Symposium (available Friday, March 28, 2014 at 9:00 a.m.)
Register today. Contact Lori Strait at 513.556.0117 or email@example.com.
Crowdfunding regulations under the JOBS Act intend to make it easier for small businesses to obtain funding and create jobs as businesses grow. What are the potential benefits and drawbacks the new regulations will bring to the entrepreneur community and the financial industry? What are the legal concerns of raising capital through crowdfunding under the JOBS Act and existing federal securities law? How is crowdfunding regulated in other countries that compete with the US in the global capital market? This symposium features discussions on a wide range of crowdfunding related topics given by distinguished experts from the legal academy, financial service industry, law firms and the Ohio Department of Commerce.
- C. Steven Bradford, The University of Nebraska-Lincoln College of Law
- William Michael Cunningham, Economist, investment advisor, research, social investing policy analyst and author
- Joseph J. Dehner, Member, Frost, Brown, Todd LLC
- Sara Hanks, Co-founder and CEO, CrowdCheck, Inc.
- Joan MacLeod Heminway, The University of Tennessee College of Law
- Tianlong Lawrence Hu, Renmin University of China Law School
- Kurt Schacht, Managing Director of the Standards and Financial Market Integrity Div., CFA Institute
- Andrew A. Schwartz, University of Colorado Law School
- Andrea L. Seidt, Commissioner, Ohio Dept. of Commerce, Division of Securities
- Randy Shipley, Founder and CEO, CrowdFundConnect
- David J. Willbrand, Partner and Chair, Early Stage & Emerging Company Practice, Thompson Hine
Check back for information about additional speakers.
Please contact Lori Strait at 513.556.0117 / firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and to register.