Through access to legal services, businesses can improve their chances of succeeding and help minimize future problems.
The Entrepreneurship and Community Development Clinic assists small businesses, both for-profit and non-profit in Hamilton, Clermont, Butler, and Warren Counties. The ECDC is a teaching clinic, where law students perform work under the supervision of its director.
Its services include:
- assistance and counseling on entity selection and formation
- regulatory compliance and licensing
- trademark and copyright protection
- lease review and negotiation
- contract preparation, review, and negotiation
- other legal issues confronting small businesses
The ECDC will determine eligibility for its services based on a completed “Application for Pro Bono Legal Assistance.” The ECDC will judge whether the clients meets its income guidelines and whether the matter lends itself to be worked on by the involved clinic students. Matters with tight deadlines and that are overly time sensitive are not appropriate. The ECDC does not provide litigation services.
For any eligible client who cannot be taken on by the clinic, the ECDC will attempt to support the client by finding pro bono assistance.