Menu Toggle menu


Applicants should have a degree from a non-U.S. law school. Applicants must have substantial ability to read, speak, and understand the English language, including knowledge of legal terminology in English. Instruction is in English.

Participants will enter the United States on a B-1 visa (preferred) or as short-term scholars on a J-1 exchange visitor visa which must be obtained prior to commencement of the Program. All application expenses for the J-1 visa shall be borne by participants.

UC International Services assists international visitors in understanding the rules, regulations, and procedures that must be followed during their stay in the United States. As required by U.S. law, visitors on J-1 visas must attend a brief orientation program at the University of Cincinnati after their arrival.