- v. (513) 556-6407
- f. (513) 556-6265
BA, University of Cincinnati
JD, Northern Kentucky University
MS, University of Kentucky
Areas of Interest
- Legal Research and Writing
- Technology and the Law
Shannon Kemen serves as a Reference Librarian at the University of Cincinnati Robert S. Marx Law Library. She is responsible for providing reference and research assistance to all library patrons. In addition to her reference duties, Ms. Kemen co-teaches Technology in Law Practice. She is a member of various professional associations both regionally and nationally, and is Chair of the Ohio Regional Association of Law Libraries, a chapter of the American Association of Law Libraries. Ms. Kemen has published numerous articles and frequently lectures on legal research topics. Prior to joining the library faculty at the University of Cincinnati, Ms. Kemen was a Reference and Electronic Services librarian at Keating Muething & Klekamp, PLL.
- Review of Law and the Modern Condition: Literary and Historical Perspectives, Friedman, Lawrence, ed., 106 Law Libr. J. __ (forthcoming 2014).
- Evaluating Potential Business Clients, Lex Loci, Northern Kentucky Bar Association Newsletter, Aug. 2013, at 20-21.
- Is the iPad Mini the Right Tool for You?, CBA Report, May 2013, at 12.
- Kentucky Estate Planning Practice Materials, Lex Loci, Northern Kentucky Bar Association Newsletter, Aug. 2012, at 12-13.
- Using Facebook to Research Small Businesses, CBA Report, June 2012, at 12-13.
- Review of Dawn of Desegregation: J.A. De Laine and Briggs v. Elliott by Ophelia De Laine Gona, AALL Spectrum Blog, (June 16, 2011), http://aallspectrum.wordpress.com/2011/06/16/book-review-dawn-of-desegregation-j-a-de-laine-and-briggs-v-elliott.
- Using Those Facebook Privacy Settings: A How-To Guide, CBA Report, Feb. 2011, at 10-11.
- Review of an Unsettled Account: The Evolution of Banking in the Industrialized World Since 1800 by Richard S. Grossman, 103 Law Libr. J. 136 (2011).
- Follow the Money! What Are You Spending on Research Sources? Part III: Teaching Old Resources to do New Tricks, Lex Loci, Northern Kentucky Bar Association Newsletter, Nov. 2010, at 22-23 (with Emily Janoski-Haehlen).
- Getting Organized with Outlook, CBA Report, Dec. 2009, at 10-11.
- Cost Saving Tips for Online Research, CBA Report, May 2009, at 14-15.
- 3 Basic Banking Research Tips, CBA Report, Sept. 2008, at 12-13
- Early Case Assessment: Researching Legal Professionals, CBA Report, Dec. 2007, at 12-14.
- Five Steps for Conducting Criminal Background Research on Individuals, CBA Report, Aug. 2006, at 20-22.
- Six Steps for Conducting General Background Research on Individuals, CBA Report, July 2006, at14-15.